Limitations with convention coatings as they were un-tested & un-compatible materials, adverse weather condition failure from freeze/thaw cycles, high humidity & dampness, and UV degradation. Lack of long-term product performance and adverse weather conditions forced installation failures, delays, and also caused unforeseen expenditures downtime and application costs. This is all a result of poor product or chemical composition knowledge.
Acrylic-based types of cement lacked the adhesion, water resistance, and flexibility properties needed to perform long term, and vinyl-based cement lacked thehardness, water-resistance, and abrasion resistance properties needed to perform long term.
Developing a Solution
The Cubix, Inc Industrial Coatings is a specialty polymer modified cement formulation and paint type product. Our solution was to utilize the performance characteristics of several different resins and polymers to create a better modifier for cement. This is why our cement modifiers are referred to as “hybrid polymers”.
With the use of a proven hybrid polymer blend, the performance characteristics were a given. It wasn’t until more creative contractors got to use the products until we learned another key advantage… Versatility. Acrylic modified cement was primarily used for base coats and spray textures and lacked the workability and texturing capabilities to emboss effectively or broom finish. Vinyl cement always had to be used in extremely dry conditions which would not be subject to high traffic or water.
The result is an architectural concrete overlay and custom seamless flooring system with the versatility to serve as a repair product or an aesthetic finish, as a broom finish or a splatter texture, as a troweled finish or a thin stamped overlay, our architectural concrete overlay and custom seamless flooring systems are leading the way.
- Chemical resistant
- Good performance when submerged
- Can easily build film thickness for enhanced abrasion resistance
- Can be formulated to exhibit a wide variety of favorable coating properties
- Chalks when exposed to UV light
- Low flexibility
Sustainable flooring with Cubix, Inc Industrial Coatings
- Automotive. Flooring option for showrooms and service departments.
- Aviation & Aerospace. Surfaces stand up to Skydrol fluids, petrochemicals, heat, and abrasion
- Education. Cost-effective flooring options for large spaces.
- Healthcare & Medical. Anti-microbial, chemical resistant, and easy to maintain flooring systems.
- Hospitality and Entertainment. Aesthetic high-performance flooring that meets any coefficient of friction requirements.
- Warehouse. Extremely durable industrial/manufacturing flooring surfaces for concrete protection.
Sustainability and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building types, including new construction and restoration, LEED certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement and leadership. Our sustainable flooring systems are produced from castor oil based products and eco-friendly additives, while the drums and other packaging from our raw materials are recycled.
Let our team of care consultants help you determine the right plan for your commercial Industrial coatings.